- Product Code: MYPROTEIN SKINFOLD CALIPER
- Availability: Out Of Stock
MYPROTEIN SKINFOLD CALIPER
- Easy and accurate body fat measurements in minutes
- Ideal for personal trainers and Fitness instructors
- Very light easy to transport
The Myprotein Skinfold Caliper is a precision instrument designed for use in the performance of skinfold thickness measurements from which estimates of body fat can be derived. Myprotein Skinfold Calipers also include measurement chart for males and females, ages 18-65 which can be used as a guideline for calculating body fat.
- Skinfold Caliper body fat chart included
- Consistent pressure marker measuring system that allows you to record fat measurements accurately
- Measurement Range: Approx. 0-2.76inch/0-7cm
- Myprotein branded
Note. Please allow a little size error due to manual measurement.
Please note that the labelling on this product is provided in English as a minimum. French, Italian, German, Spanish, Danish, Swedish and Finnish may also be present on a product by product basis.
For accurate and repeatable tests, follow the below guidelines for taking skinfold measurements. Following a standard method of assessment helps ensure accuracy and repeatability on future testing.
- Instruct the test subject to keep the muscles relaxed during the test.
- Mark the skinfold site using a pen with water soluble ink. Use a tape measure to accurately find the mid-points.
- The skinfold should be firmly grasped by the thumb and index finger, using the pads at the tip of the thumb and finger. Gently pull the skinfold away from the body.
- The Caliper should be placed perpendicular to the fold, on the site marked, dial up, at approximately 1 cm below the finger and thumb. While maintaining the grasp of the skinfold, allow the Caliper to be released so that full tension is placed on the skinfold.
- A minimum of two measurements should be taken at each site. If repeated tests vary by more than 1 mm, repeat the measurement. If consecutive measurements become increasingly smaller, the fat is being compressed. Go to another site and come back a little later and recheck the problem site.
- The final value recorded should be the average of the two that seems best to represent the skinfold fat site.